[gdal-dev] GDAL organization chart

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Thu Mar 15 07:29:28 EST 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:
> One particular point is MITAB. I have drawn it as: The MapInfo part of OGR
> uses MITAB, MITAB in turn calls parts of OGR. Is it so? Must MITAB be
> built as a separate library? Is a version of it included with OGR, or with
> GDAL?

Ben,

All the required MITAB source can be found within the GDAL source tree
(in gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/mitab), so no, MITAB need not be built separately.

The chart is nice ... what tool did you use for it? Unfortunately it doesn't
really express everything I would like. I always try to put too much into
charts.