FW: [gdal-dev] GDAL 1.1.4 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Thu Mar 22 22:40:31 EST 2001

Ben Discoe wrote:
> Thanks Frank,
>
> I have put the following files up there:
> 115h_90m.hdr
> 115h_90m.grd
> 115h_90m.prj
>
> It is free data, a Yukon DEM from Matt Wilkie, which AFAIK was generated by
> him in ArcInfo as a "binary grid".

Ben,

I am sure the files were created with Arc/Info Grid, but their aren't
in ascii or binary grid formats. They are in a strange form of ESRI labelled
BIL but with lots of differences (presumably because they come out of Grid).

I have done a bunch of work fixing up the ESRI BIL driver to support this
variations, and can now load and display the data in OpenEV with no problem,
including processing the projection.

I would also note that the NODATA value is carried through GDAL in case
you want that.