Ermapper / ECW Format

tmitchell at l... tmitchell at l...
Fri Mar 30 19:09:52 EST 2001

Greetings, I'm new to the list but was wondering what needs to take
place to include additional image formats. Has anyone been looking
at ERMapper's ECW format? We are using it quite extensively and I am
trying out OpenEV and since it depends on gdal I thought I'd ask
about it here.
Would love to know your thoughts. I've never developed image
reading/writing code before, but I know that there is a SDK available
for this format, how hard could it be to integrate to gdal?

Tyler