[gdal-dev] Compiling on cygwin

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Nov 6 18:14:23 EST 2001

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> I reran the make and still get the same errors when I turn of ecw. But I
> think I may be wasting my time. You tell me.
> I basically want to get ecw support for mapserver. I had thought I would
> need to use cygwin (that is, build gdal and mapserver on cygwin) to do
> this. But I've got the mapserv.exe directly for windows and just need to
> get a windows build of gdal (with ecw support). Right? I am sure that my
> blurred understanding of what requires gdal and what gdal requires is
> becoming evident. I have openev installed and noticed gdal exes in there -
> it is a version with ecw support - do I already have what I need?

Tyler,

If you have the 1.2.1_FW OpenEV release, then you should have everything you
need (assuming your MapServer is built with GDAL support). Just copy the
gdal11.dll, NCS*.dll and perhaps the OGDI, ZLIB and EXPAT DLLs rom the
OpenEV release into whereever you have your gdal11.dll currently for MapServer
and you should be all set.

In the meantime, verify that your OpenEV can open ECW files.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...