[gdal-dev] Any suggestsions for translating PIX (PCI) image format?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Nov 7 13:30:59 EST 2001

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone has any good free/open source translators for this
> image format from PCI.
> I noticed that gdal_translate doesn't support it, any plans in the works to
> add it?

Tyler,

Well, I am in a unique position to do this, having worked at PCI for
years, and having lead many of the additions to the format last decade.
However, I am not planning to do so at this time. The format is quite
complex (to do completely), and the PCI provided free source is quite
antique (about six years out of date) so it doesn't support many of the
modern PCIDSK options like tiling, compression, new style vectors, etc.

Apparently PCI is going to release a DLL for those interested in PCIDSK
support. When that is available I might write a GDAL driver based on it.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...