ECW

tmitchell at l... tmitchell at l...
Thu Oct 11 19:25:14 EDT 2001

Hi Frank,
I'm definitely interested in any fine tuning that you do and the
effect it would have on OpenEV. Are there bugs you are aware of at
present with ECW? I found that when I zoom with bounding box my
image gets flipped horizontally. Strange. Is there an openev forum
I could use?

Tyler

--- In gdal-dev at y..., Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at p...> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have discovered why I used to have such problems with ECW
support. It
> requires NT 4 SP5 or better. I upgraded to NT4 SP6 and suddenly I
have no
> problems with system hangs, nor slow processing.
>
> Incidently, my accelerated OpenGL support even works now in OpenEV!
>
> I will be doing a bit of work in the coming days to fine tune the
ECW
> support in GDAL. Anyone interested in it is encouraged to try it
and let
> me know any problems they encounter.
>
> Later,
>
> --
> I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
warmerdam at p...
> and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent