TAB-support patches

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Sep 25 15:31:07 EDT 2001

Petri J. Riipinen wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Ok, here you go! Three patches that should add support for parsing the
> affine transformation coefficients from tab-files when opening
> TIFF/GeoTIFF-files.
>
> I used pretty much the same mechanism as the tfw-file reading. I used
> only those tab-files that I have as an example, so I'm not sure how
> generic my tab-file parsing is. But it seems to work at least with my
> files!

Petri,

I have incorporated the code you provided directly into geotiff.cpp with
a few minor modifications. It seems to work well!

> I also discovered one bug/feature:
>
> When doing 'make install' on GDAL-directory, it copies 'libgdal.1.1.so'
> into /usr/local/lib. Shouldn't that be libgdal.so.1.1 as all the other
> libs seem to have the version numbers after '.so'....?!? It seems also
> that ldconfig doesn't make the symlink at all, if the name is
> libgdal.1.1.so.

This is my contrarian nature coming through. I don't want ldconfig or
other things imagining they can deduce information from the version numbers
in my library. I just want them treated as plain libraries. The version
numbers are essentially only for user consumption, and I am not planning on
changing the major version from 1.1. till there is a major loss of backwards
compatibility.

Perhaps one day I will allow GDAL to sink fully into the clutches of libtool
and all the normal ways of handling shared libraries ... but not today. :-)

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...