GDAL: L1B driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Apr 23 09:21:01 EDT 2002

Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> Frank,
>
> I want to contribute driver for the NOAA L1B LAC/GAC files. Is there any
> effort to implement this (but I already have working L1B reader which just
> should by integrated in the GDAL)?
>
> And another question: how native byte order can be determined? Is there
> functions like SwabShort() or SwabLong() somwere in the library?

Andrey,

There is no other effort on going for NOAA L1B LAC/GAC files that I know of
so please do go ahead and incorporate.

A variety of portability services are provided by cpl_port.h. You can
depend on either CPL_MSB (big endian) or CPL_LSB (little endian) being defined.

The macros CPL_SWAP16(), and CPL_SWAP32() can be used to reverse the byte order
of a 16bit or 32bit integer value. The macros CPL_LSBWORD16() and
CPL_LSBWORD32() can be used to conditionally swap words only if the current
system is not LSB. A wide variety of similar macros also exist in cpl_port.h
including several that operate on pointers to memory to swap.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...