any reason for a linked statically gdalinfo?

gdal_dev_reader alessandro_amici at t...
Tue Aug 20 05:30:43 EDT 2002

Frank,

> There is no compelling reason for gdalinfo to be linked statically. I
> do that just so that I can verify that static linking still worked as expected.

from a packaging perspective 1Mb less is an appelling feature :)

it wuold be nice if you could move the static-link test to a
non-installed binary. gdal2raw and gdalindex look like candidates
(actually, i'd like to see the dinamically linked gdal2raw in the
default install, any chache?), test1 would be the perfect one,
but it looks like a stale rule...

cheers,
alessandro