[gdal-dev] New file uploaded to gdal-dev

Paul Selormey paul at t...
Wed Aug 21 07:56:36 EDT 2002

Hello All,
This is a simple test application I built to test the GDAL library.
Unfortunately, it is Windows only sample - I am currently a Windows
developer :-(.

GDAL, even though being an image library, is still without GUI test samples.
I have started to build some test samples to demonstrate the various parts
and for debugging the library.

This one is build with ideas from the VTP library. Unfortunately, the use of
the GDAL in VTP limits its size since the whole image file is loaded into
the memory, instead of reading only the required parts. I will be working on
a Windows wrapper for Windows applications as I study the GDAL and
test it.

In this sample
1. Reading and displaying image files using GDAL
2. Scrolling
3. Zooming
4. Simple printing and print preview - MFC :-)

Note that this sample contains the binaries too (hence the large size), but
not
the GDAL library, which must be extracted to the Gdal subfolder to compile
it.
The binaries are in the Output subfolder.

Best regards,
Paul.