[gdal-dev] Memory leaks?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Mon Aug 26 02:21:41 EDT 2002

Paul Selormey wrote:
> Hello All,
> With my test sample, I am seeing some memory leaks,
> from the image drivers.
>
> GDALAllRegister(void) creates all the image drivers. Who is
> responsible for the deletion of the image drivers?
> Or is there any method like GDALAllUnregister()/GDALAllDeregister()
>
> The driver manager is a static global pointer. Who deletes this
> pointer?

Paul,

Currently there is no facility to cleanup the driver memory. It is intended
to live till application shutdown. However, for applications wanting to
monitor very closely for memory leaks I can see that this might be annoying,
so I am willing to add a call to cleanup all the drivers. If you would like
this, please submit a request into Bugzilla as an enhancement request.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...