[Gdal-dev] ntf to postgres tables

nida Khan nida at webstar.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 05:07:55 EST 2002

Hi Frank,

Once again thank you for your time!.

I tried as you suggested, but again I'm getting same error...
For Chreshire ntf file it said it can not open with any drivers

bash-2.05a$ ogr2ogr  PG:dbname=test -lco "LAUNDER=YES" CHRESHIRE_COUNTY.NTF
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `CHRESHIRE_COUNTY.NTF' with the following drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> IHO S-57 (ENC)
  -> MapInfo File
  -> DGN
  -> GML
  -> AVCBin
  -> PostgreSQL

so I tried it with another ntf file.

bash-2.05a$ ogr2ogr -update PG:dbname=test -lco "LAUNDER=YES" TQ3281SE.NTF
ERROR 1: AddGeometryColumn failed for layer LANDLINE99_POINT, layer creation
has failed.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer LANDLINE99_POINT

bash-2.05a$ ogrinfo TQ3281SE.NTF
ERROR 4: NTF Driver doesn't support update.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `TQ3281SE.NTF'
using driver `UK .NTF' successful.
1: LANDLINE99_POINT (Point)
2: LANDLINE99_LINE (Line String)
3: LANDLINE99_NAME (Point)
4: FEATURE_CLASSES (None)

When I do normal ogr2ogr it works fine
e.g
 ogr2ogr temp TQ3281SE.NTF

it creates shp files for all the layers in temp directory!

Any idea what might be causing this problem??

Kind Regards
Nida.