[Gdal-dev] ntf to postgres tables

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 17 08:59:25 EST 2002

nida Khan wrote:
> There is only one more thing I need to do, I've got more than one ntf file
> all with same layer definition, I want to import all of them in one table.

Nida,

Use -update and -append.  The -update means open the datastore in update
mode, and means the datastore type is detected from the datastore name
(identified as PostGIS by the PG: prefix).  The -append implies
that a layer should be appended to instead of created from scratch.

However, the shorter approach to what you want is to just dump all the
NTF files you want to load into one directory (with nothing else) and
use the directory name as the input filename.  The NTF driver (and also
the TIGER driver) will treat a whole directory full of files as a single
seamless layer.