[Gdal-dev] bjam files for building GDAL

Mark Coletti mcoletti at lychnobite.org
Wed Dec 18 13:58:53 EST 2002

I've attached a tar ball containing files for building GDAL using
bjam.  bjam executable and source distributions can be found at:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/index.html#Jam

You will also need to have the Boost C++ library installed since it
contains bootstrap files needed by bjam.

I'm using bjam for my other C++ projects and find it easier to build
consistent VC++ binaries with it.  (That, and I can go back to my
familiar emacs/command-line prompt development environment instead of
being chained to an IDE.)  It also allegedly does faster and more
complete dependency checking than regular makes.