[Gdal-dev] geotiff GCS write problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 24 00:27:53 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 09:43:35AM +0300, Vladimir Slepnev wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In the current version of GDAL (updated from CVS today), when I attempt to
> write any geographic or projected coordinate system into a GeoTIFF file, it
> is not written at all. Something's gone amiss somewhere. It's been this way
> for about four days now. I'm at a loss.
>
> My last letter about this seems to have disappeared at the moderation stage,
> so I subscribed to gdal-dev to bypass it. Sorry if I'm doing something wrong
> or just being silly, but I didn't manage to fix the problem on my own.

Vladimir,

I just tried copying an existing geotiff file (utm.tif from the OpenEV_FW
distribution) with gdal_translate and it seemed to work fine.  Could you
be more specific about what happens and how your GDAL is built?  In particular,
are you building with the internal libtiff and libgeotiff?

PS. I am off at my parents farm for a few days, so my responses will be less
than timely.