Newbie compile problem on Mac OS X (10.1.2)

dilsavor dilsavor at m...
Fri Feb 1 22:13:25 EST 2002

Hi all,
I am trying to compile gdal-1.1.5 on Max OS X with fink. I have
installed the binary distribution of python 2.2 from fink and it lives
in /sw - the fink convention. I am compiling gdal in /usr/local
Seems like I get pretty far through the make until I get the
following error:... Any clues you can give me?
Thanks
Ron

(cd pymod; make)
cc -dynamiclib gdal_wrap.o numpydataset.o gdalnumeric.o \
-L.. -lgdal.1.1 -lz -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lm -o _gdalmodule.so
ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyArg_Parse
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyDict_New
_PyDict_SetItem
_PyErr_SetString
_PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords
_PyExc_NameError
_PyExc_TypeError
_PyExc_ValueError
_PyList_New
_PyList_SetItem
_PyList_Size
_PyList_Type
_PyModule_GetDict
_PyObject_GetAttrString
_PyString_AsString
_PyString_FromString
_PyString_FromStringAndSize
_PyString_Type
_PyType_IsSubtype
_PyType_Type
_Py_BuildValue
_Py_InitModule4
__Py_NoneStruct
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[1]: *** [_gdalmodule.so] Error 1
make: *** [py-module] Error 2