[gdal-dev] gdal_translate crash

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Thu Feb 7 21:15:24 EST 2002

Norman Vine wrote:

> Frank Warmerdam
>
>>I have checked in an update gdal_translate.c with the -scale
>>option. If the
>>destination min/max values are omitted 0 and 256 are assumed. If the
>>src min/max are omitted they will be computed from the source data (the
>>same as gdalinfo -mm would report as min/max).
>>

> You meant to say 0 -> 255 right :-)

Norman,

The output range is set to 0 to 255.999. Basically this is an attempt
to ensure that as many values get dumped into bucket 255 as the rest. In
an integer sense the output range will be 0-255 but the actual min/max
settings are more like 0 and 256.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...