[gdal-dev] gdalinfo utility

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Feb 12 19:51:35 EST 2002

pushkar pradhan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I am using gdal 1.1.5 with mapserver 3.5. Since I am
> not getting MS to display my imgs. I am using gdalinfo
> utility in the apps dire. to get more info., when I
> do:
> gdalinfo myimage.tif, I get the foll. mesg.:
> Banshee[25] pushkar$ gdalinfo
> /rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/c-0004.tif
> ERROR 1: :0: Bad value for "SamplesPerPixel"
> GDALOpen failed - 1
> :0: Bad value for "SamplesPerPixel"
>
> This happened with a couple of images I downloaded
> from the web as well as the data given to me by my
> organization.
> However when I use the ImageMagick utility identify I
> get the correct info. about the image, actually many
> image proc. utilities display the image without any
> problem.
> Can anyone tell me where I need to concentrate to find
> this error?
> Thanks,

Pushkar,

The problem is that GDAL is using a libtiff that doesn't correspond to the
include files used to compile it's libtiff support. I imagine you should
add "--with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal" to your configure line
and rebuild.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...