[gdal-dev] SHP support in GDAL vs. GDAL-OGR

Ben Discoe ben at v...
Mon Jan 14 13:45:03 EST 2002

I tried that (actually, i tried adding "-DSHPAPI_CALL=CPL_DLL" to EXTRAFLAGS
and including "cpl_port.h" in the modules, which should be equivalent.

Unfortunatly this didn't work. Apparently there is also another macro like
this:

#define SHPAPI_CALL1(x) * SHPAPI_CALL

which is unhappy. I get compile errors on the lines with SHPAPI_CALL1:

shapefil.h(240) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'
shapefil.h(249) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'
[...]

I need to call both GDAL and shapelib.
I suppose there are 3 options here:
1. Try to build shapelib to a separate library, and link it in redundantly
with the copy in GDAL (praying there are no conflicts).
2. Try to modify the export status of shapelib in GDAL (as above, perhaps
there is some way to fix it)
3. Don't use shapelib, but do everything through OGR. I would be very
unhappy since using shapelib is so much simpler, clear and direct.

Advice?

Thanks,
Ben