[gdal-dev] Using GRASSDataset

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Jan 23 10:11:21 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 09:36:27PM -0500, Aleksey wrote:
> Frank and all,
>
> I would like to use the GRASSDataset class to access raster layers stored in
> GRASS database, but can't figure out how to do it.
>
> 1. Should I have libgrass installed?

Aleksey,

You should install libgrass 1.0.0, and then re-configure GDAL and check
the configure output to ensure it is finding and using the GRASS library.

> 2. What file should I supply to GDALOpen() -- the raster header (in
> <mapset>/cellhd directory), raster itself (<mapset>/cell or fcell), or
> something else?

The path to the file in the cellhd directory normally. I have written up
a format page for GRASS support in GDAL and updated the format list. I
should have done that a long time ago! See:

http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_grass.html

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...