[gdal-dev] Proposed change to GDAL FITS driver

Simon Perkins s.perkins at l...
Tue Jul 2 18:53:22 EDT 2002

Simon Perkins wrote:
> I have submitted an update for the FITS driver to CVS. The change
> involves how FITS files with BZERO and BSCALE set are handled,
> and differs slightly from what I suggested a few days ago (even
> less has changed from the user point of view). See the updated
> GDAL FITS documention for details. This change will presumably
> take a while to propagate into a release (assuming Frank approves
> the change...). Let me know if there are any problems.

Er, after an extra day's careful consideration I've finally
decided to remove any special treatment of FITS files with
BSCALE/BZERO set. Changes have been submitted to CVS. FITS files
now work just like any other GDAL format, which is just what they
always should have done...

Sorry for any confusion!

Sy

--