OpenEV_FW 1.5.3 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Tue Nov 5 01:58:21 EST 2002

Folks,

I have prepared a new set of binary builds of OpenEV and related
technologies for Windows and Linux (1.5.3). This should resolve a bunch of
problems discovered by Dr. Lobo with my Linux distribution. It also includes
recent improvements to Arc/Info binary grid support and includes Kakadu
derived support for reading and writing JPEG2000 (and GeoJP2) on both
platforms!

For anyone interested in JPEG2000 or GeoJP2, I think this kit could be worth
while for doing experiments. The following command will convert an existing
8bit or 16bit file into JPEG2000. Set the QUALITY to any value between
1 and 100, with 20 (reduce to 20% of original size) being the default. Values
as low as 3% have produced useful image depending on the nature of the data
(for instance DEMs).

% gdal_translate -of JP2KAK -co "QUALITY=10" utm.tif utm.jp2

Please send me any feedback on configuration issues, bugs, etc.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...