cvs co

April Shimitz shimitz at u...
Wed Nov 13 14:21:56 EST 2002

Frank,

For some reason I cannot check out the GDAL source when specifying a tag
(but when I specify a revision number, it works fine). I can't make much
sense at all of the output I see when I try to check out the entirety of
GDAL, but when I attempt to just do an update on a single file and specify
a tag (i.e. "cvs up -r gdal_1_1_6 configure"), I get the following error:

cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission
denied

This happens both when I login as user "anonymous" and "shimitz". Do you
have any idea what the problem is?

April