[gdal-dev] Re: can't find libproj.so

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Wed Nov 20 12:19:16 EST 2002

nakiya123 wrote:
> --- In gdal-dev at y..., Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at p...> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> this is getting called:
>
> (port/cplgetsymbol.cpp)
> void *CPLGetSymbol(const char *, const char *)
>
> {
> printf( "DUMMY???\n" );
> return NULL;
> }
>
> not the correct unix version!
>
> so I removed the #if defined(HAVE_DLFCN_H) which is not the right way
> to do this of course, but blammo! it worked.
>
> So what to do?

Well, that gets you working fine.

The HAVE_DLFCN_H macro is supposed to be set in gdal/port/cpl_config.h by
configure based on a test to see if your system has dlfcn.h. Could you
do "locate dlfcn.h" to see where yours is? Also, could you rerun
configure can capture the line about dlfcn.h?

I would like to fix configure so this doesn't happen to other people, but
I don't know what could be going wrong with the include file check.

Any chance you did something funky like running configure on a different
system, or messing with cpl_config.h?

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...