[gdal-dev] How do I set the color interp of a new raster band

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at p...
Sat Sep 28 17:52:10 EDT 2002

rogerjames99 wrote:
> I have some code which copies datasets. I need to copy across the
> color interpretation into the destination bands. I cannot at the
> moment see a way of doing this.

Roger,

I presume you are using GDAL 1.1.7? The CVS version includes a
SetRasterInterpretation() method, but I should warn you that very few
formats support it at this time. It is slightly more often supported by
the CopyCreate() method of some drivers.

What format are you writing to?

I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at p...