[Gdal-dev] Image Reprojection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 3 14:57:20 EST 2003

Matt Lynch wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>

>>I believe this is a commandline parsing issue.  The '+proj=latlong
>
> +datum=WGS84' would be parsed as a single argument by a Unix shell, but
> the DOS shell doesn't work the same.
>
> That makes sense.  I added a forth option and used double quotes (I can
> recall using them in the past within dos to bypass the whitespace).
>
> Now I get
> --------
> C:\gdal>gdalwarp -t_srs "+proj=latlong +datum=WGS84" jeffpan2000_10m.tif
> out.tif
>
> ERROR 1: Failed to import coordinate system `'.
> Creating output file is that 2000P x 2000L.
> ERROR 1: Failed to import coordinate system `'.
> :0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100 - done.
> --------
>
> The output file is created, but it doesn't look like the conversion
> happens.  The line 'FAILED to import coordinate system' is probably the
> source of my trouble now (image is in 10TM).
>
> How can I specify a input coordinate system like 10TM

Matt,

It isn't clear from the message whether the coordinate system that failed to
"import" was the target one you provided on the commandline or the one on
the source file.  What does gdalinfo report on the source file?

If it has no coordinate system set you could use the -s_srs option to set
the source coordinate system.

  gdalwarp -s_srs "+proj=utm +zone=10 +datum=WGS84" -t_srs "+proj=latlong +datum=WGS84" jeffpan2000_10m.tif

The coordinate system descriptions are from PROJ.4, so you should review the
(fragmented) PROJ.4 docs to learn how to do different coordinate systems. I
assume that "10TM" is "UTM Zone 10".  I am not familiar with "10TM" as a
coordinate system name.