[Gdal-dev] utility usage

Matt Lynch matt at terraEngine.com
Mon Apr 14 15:56:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am working on some tutorial style documentation on the gdal utilities
that I am making use of.  In the interests of being complete, I would
like to demonstrate the usage of some the parameters that I am
unfamiliar with.  For example, in gdalwarp -order sets the order of the
polynom used for warping.  I have experimented with a few images and am
unable to find a distinction in the image produced.  Are there specific
circumstances in which it will be significant?  Similarly I am
interested in cases where the error threshold (-et) would be set.
Lastly -co allows you to set name=value pairs.  Could you point me to
documentation where I can find the possible settings.  I have also
starting using gdal_translate to crop and the -mo settings might be
where I can set world file information.  If anyone has some pointers, I
can wrap the tutorials up and submit to Frank for approval.

Thanks,

Matt

---