[Gdal-dev] jpeglib.h not found

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Mon Apr 28 20:15:01 EDT 2003

I would like to take advantage of features in GDAL that were
implemented after 1.1.8 was released so I downloaded a copy of the
repository and attempted to build it.

./configure ran, but there were errors on the build.

Here is the source file that failed:

gcc -c -I../../../port -Wall -fPIC -O2    -DZIP_SUPPORT -I../../zlib
-DJPEG_SUPPORT -I../../jpeg tif_jpeg.c -o tif_jpeg.o
tif_jpeg.c:67: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
tif_jpeg.c:68: jerror.h: No such file or directory

These two headers are actually in ../../jpeg/libjpeg/, not
../../jpeg/, which is why the compiler can't find them.  I'm not sure
whether it's better to change the #include statement or the include
path, since this is my first day with the project.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org