[Gdal-dev] support for ERDAS pyramid layers

kenboss kenboss at dilbert.dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Aug 8 12:50:00 EDT 2003

I'm wondering whether support is eventually planned for ERDAS Imagine pyramid
layers (.rrd files).

The Supported Formats documentation states that "The current implementation
ignores pyramid levels", implying that perhaps future implementations will
support them?

Later in the same document I find the line "Erdas Imagine supports external
creation of overviews (with gdaladdo for instance)."  Does this mean to say that
I can actually cause Imagine to read GDAL's .ovr files by some means?

--Ken Boss
  Minnesota DNR Forestry Resource Assessment