[Gdal-dev] problem with libpng12.so.0?

Roman tatel at euskalnet.net
Mon Aug 11 23:44:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

I cant't use r.in.gdal on grass5 on my Debian Woody. GRASS was installed
from precompiled binaries. System complains about libgdal.1.1.so, but it
*is* on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (/usr/local/grass5/lib/)

ldd libgdal.1.1.so complains about libpng12.so.0 not found.

I have tried to link /usr/local/grass5/lib/libpng12.so.0 to
/usr/lib/libpng.so.2.1.0.12 and /usr/lib/libpng.so.3.1.2.1 but I get
segmentation faults in both cases. I can't find other libpng packages on
Debian. It seems there is a change in sonames of png libraries and this
would be probably the matter?

I am not programmer and I feel somewhat lost now

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Roman