[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 28 09:07:17 EDT 2003

Chris Faulkner wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have just started using ogr2ogr to load some shape and NTF data to
> Postgres. It works rather well with one small problem - all tables and
> fields are created with upper case names. In postgres, this causes some
> problems with SQL - you have to quote those names and fields. Is there a way
> to ask ogr2ogr to create objects with lower case names ?

Chris,

As per the page at:

   http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/ogr/drv_pg.html

You can provide the layer creation option "LAUNDER=YES" to convert field names
to lower case and otherwise make them easy to use.  At some point in the future
the default for this may become true.

It would be given with the option "-lco LAUNDER=YES" on the ogr2ogr command
line.