[Gdal-dev] compiling mapserver 4.0 with gdal support on VC7

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 09:41:04 EST 2003

Ballini Yvain wrote:
> cpl.lib(cpl_dir.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp___findfir st referenced in function _CPLReadDir
>
> OLDNAMES.lib(mkdir.obi) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp___mkdi r
>
> OLDNAMES.lib(rmdir.obi) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp___rmdi r mapserv.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved
> externals NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
>
> Stop.
>
> Does someone know if there is a better version for compiling with VC7 ?

Yvain,

I build GDAL regularly with VC7 (admittedly the first release of VC7, not
the new 2003 version).  I don't know why you are getting the above problems,
but I would guess there is some sort of mixup in the versions of LIBC you
are using.  This might be due to altering some of the flags in nmake.opt
after doing a partial build and not cleaning up, or due to linking against
some external library with a different libc.

This is a very difficult sort of problem to diagnose remotely.

Good luck,