[Gdal-dev] NAD83 vs. WGS84

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Dec 12 09:57:41 EST 2003

Hank -

I'll look into this a bit, but for the location and precisions you're talking about, the NAD27->WGS84 conversion IS the NAD27->NAD83 conversion.  The difference between the two should be invisible or at best microscopic - nowhere near the delta you're seeing.  I'm inclined to agree with Frank here, and you may just be grouping tools into those that are doing the datum shift and those that are not.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.