[Gdal-dev] datum shift in OGR / proj4

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Dec 15 11:18:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, mathieu_gdal wrote:

> If you could give me a "starting point" (doc and/or code) to allow me to
> start with OGR and datums, it would be great.

Which API?  I just wrote some GPL'ed code with the 'C' API.  It
appears to do the correct thing so far, but it's very recent code.

It's rather cool being able to suck in state-plane coordinate
system maps or UTM projected maps into our application, and
auto-convert directly to WGS84 as we're drawing map after map on top
of each other!

We've been using Shapelib, libgeotiff, and libproj in our app up
until now.  We're working on getting GDAL/OGR full support into our
application, and the OGR stuff is starting to show results already.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin