[Gdal-dev] Converting style info to attributes

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Dec 16 14:56:20 EST 2003

> I haven't tested it, but I see there is a GetStyleString() and
> SetStyleString()
> method on the ogr.Feature() in Python.  So you can use the
GetStyleString()

Great, thanks.  That answers my question and I'll have a peek.

> Also, I don't think there is any
> mechanism to tell MapServer to use a regular attribute as the source of
> the style string, though I can see that this would be very useful.

I see what you mean, it would be a good feature if it isn't already.  But
that's okay for me right now.

FYI What I'm aiming at is trying to store CAD data and related feature
styles in another format and being able to convert it back into CAD formats
with minimal info loss.  Obviously I'll hit similar issues when trying to
convert back in CAD.

Tyler