[Gdal-dev] OGR TIGER driver now supports TIGER/Line 2002 form at

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 5 17:32:03 EST 2003

Martin, Daniel wrote:
> Does the GDAL Windows binary distribution referenced on the GDAL page
> (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/), specifically
> ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/gdal-115a-ntbin.zip, include this
> updated version of OGR that handles ?  Since ogr2ogr.exe in the archive has
> a date of 10/12/2001 I would assume not.  On the other hand the archive has
> a date of 2/5/2003.
>
> I only need OGR, but GDAL is the only binary I'm aware of.
>
> If not, let me officially register my petition that it be updated.  I could
> go about installing VC++ and .NET Studio, but I'd also rather avoid it.

Dan,

I don't think there is a currently released build of GDAL/OGR with the
updated TIGER support.  The most recent binary builds are part of the
OpenEV_FW releases, but that is from sometime in December before Mark
completed the TIGER work.

I have stopped preparing standalone GDAL (or OGR) binary releases since it
is quite a bit of work, and it is included in the OpenEV_FW releases.
I *should* prepare a new OpenEV_FW release sometime soon though.  Whether
I will is somewhat less certain.

I should also likely remove the references to the ancient 1.1.5 based binary
builds.  They jus cause problems.  In fact, this much I will go ahead and
do!

How do people feel about GDAL only being available (as a pre-built binary)
as part of the OpenEV_FW releases?