[Gdal-dev] Re: 16-bit PNM support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Feb 15 16:27:00 EST 2003

Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:16:23PM -0500, Jim Julian wrote:
>
>>   In finishing this, do you think the script should be added to the
>>Pymod directory in CVS? I think a lot of people would have a use for
>>this option.
>

> I'm not sure that gdal/pymod/ is a good place for such ten of lines
> scripts. Maybe we should create a repository for Python samples. Frank?

Andrey,

I would suggest you create a samples subdirectory of the gdal/pymod
directory, and put it/them there.  Please add a README as well briefly
describing each sample script in the directory.

By putting them in a subdirectory we don't have to worry about them being
installed.

I will try to put a bunch of my sample scripts there as well.  Any samples
from others are welcome.  Email them directly to me to be added ... please
include a brief description of each.