[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sun Feb 16 04:50:14 EST 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:32:38AM -0800, Ayman Kamal wrote:
> I am trying to re build the gdal_translate
> application, but I face problems of linking. Can u
> tell me please what are the files of the OpenEV sdk or
> anyother files that I need to be able to generate a
> working EXE version of the gdal_translate, and are
> there any addtional comments u can support me with
> about this matter?

You should take GDAL sources in order to rebuild gdal_translate and
other supplied applications. But this operation requires understanding
purpose of the files in GDAL building environment.

1. Take latest sources here: ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/daily/

2. Read nmake.opt file and fill it with values suitable for your system.

3. Run `nmake /f makefile.vc' command.

4. If you will get a building errors, report them to Bugzilla :-)

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517