[Gdal-dev] Gdal interface function

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 18 14:40:42 EST 2003

Ayman Kamal wrote:
> I want to use a mechanism similar to what
> "GDALCreateCopy" uses to write the data to a disk file
>
> is this possible?
> Can you help me further?

Ayman,

It is somewhat involved to use the CreateCopy() mechanism from a memory
array to a disk file.  However, there is an example of how to do this in the
mapgdal.c file in the UMN MapServer distribution.  See the msSaveImageGDAL()
function.

However, given the difficulty you are having with substantially simplier
cases I am not sure I would advise you to try and tackle it.

PS. You have exausted your answer quota for today (from me at least).