R: R: [Gdal-dev] Support for creating ENVI .hdr labeled files

Amici Alessandro alessandro_amici at telespazio.it
Thu Feb 27 05:36:18 EST 2003

hi,

> Amici,

Andrey, my first name is Alessandro :) and unfortunately i have no power to
change the broken mailer with this stupid 'second name first' default :(

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:47:34PM +0100, Amici Alessandro wrote:
> > in addition to the WIP-items you mentioned i'd like to point out to you
> > one more useful item to implement:
> > an option to _append_ the '.hdr' extension to the full name i.e.
> > 	image.bin -> image.bin.hdr
>
> I have implemented such an option. Try "SUFFIX=ADD" with gdal_translate.
> By default suffix will be replaced as previously.

i tryed both SUFFIX and INTERLEAVE, and found no problem :).

thanks a lot, this seriously cuts down the number of quirks i need to
implement in my apps!

i will stress test the ENVI driver from now on. if you need testing on
specific
areas (i.e. map_info), don't esitate to cc me directly.

cheers,
alessandro