[Gdal-dev] Problem building 1.1.9 on Windows

jluis at ualg.pt jluis at ualg.pt
Tue Jul 1 20:53:12 EDT 2003

Hi,
First, in the file nmake.opt the "INC" line
INC	=	-I$(GDAL_ROOT)\port -I$(GDAL_ROOT)\ogr -I$(GDAL_ROOT)\core
needs to be changed to
INC	=	-I$(GDAL_ROOT)\port -I$(GDAL_ROOT)\ogr -I$(GDAL_ROOT)\gcore

Now my (very strange) problem. I'm just not able to build because gdal.lib is
not created. Compiling goes through this makefile section
lib:
	if exist gdal.lib del gdal.lib
	lib /out:gdal.lib $(LIBOBJ)
without creating the library. What makes it more odd is that if I run this
outside the makefile (decomposing $(LIBOBJ)), things work.
Note. I built 1.1.8 without problems.

Is it possible to have an "official" compiled windows release? The last
available one is 1.1.5, I think.

Thanks

J. Luis