[Gdal-dev] gdal w/ grass support

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Jul 10 03:34:22 EDT 2003

On Thursday 10 July 2003 06:18, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> I am having trouble getting gdal going with grass support. I built and
> installed libgrass without any apparent errors. The I built gdal (configure
> --with-grass=/usr/local/lib) without any apparent errors. But when I run
> gdalinfo I get
> "error while loading shared libraries: libgrass5.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory".
>
> libgrass5.so.0 is a symbolic link in /usr/local/lib and  /usr/local/lib is
> in my path.

It should not be in your path, but in your dynamic library path. You can set
this by adding /usr/local/lib to the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or
add it to the file /etd/ld.so.conf (which you might prefer because this will
add /usr/local/lib to the standard places where the dynamic linker will look
for libraries). After that, run ldconfig as root.

Cheers,
Vincent.