[Gdal-dev] viewing gdaladdo overlays

Benjamin Wragg bwragg at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 15 23:56:08 EDT 2003

Frank,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I want to check that the overviews
we've built look OK. I'm currently building overviews using GDAL to
increase raster serving performance in Mapserver. The source raster we
are serving is a high resolution digital copy of a map which is
published on paper, so it is filled with place names, etc. When
mapserver serves out the image all the text looks terrible. I know this
problem will never be completely solved as mapserver has to resample the
image for a web browser client and it doesn't know not too drop pixels
which make up the text, but I'm trying to make sure that the overview
being built are as good as they can be.

Cheers,

Benjamin