R: [Gdal-dev] gdal to proj4 translation

Amici Alessandro alessandro_amici at telespazio.it
Fri Jul 25 04:34:29 EDT 2003

> > BTW wuold the projection '+proj=geocent' be a special case for gdal/ogr?
>
> Limited geocentric support was recently introduced in PROJ.4.  I don't
> believe that OGRSpatialReference handles the geocentric WKT case for
> mapping to/from PROJ.4 or other uses.  It would be logical to add this
> at some point, though I generally have no use for it.   It would be a bit
> of work, perhaps 4 hours, to do this properly though.

no problem. gdal and osr will be used in the input layer, where we
expect to handle DEMs with standard projections.
we've alredy implemented the transformation directly with proj4,
and the output of the 'geocent' data is done by hand (without gdal).

so i don't need any additional feature at the moment.

thanks,
alessandro