[Gdal-dev] Exception thrown in GDALOpen() function

N. Farah nfarah at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:12:36 EDT 2003

Ben,

Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded The binaries from the suggested
link and started my application. I had an error about a missing dll:
"xerces-c_2_1_0.dll". It's seems that binaries has been built with the
Xerces feature.

I went back to rebuild GDAL-1.1.9 on debug mode, i had built the lib but the
dll and used them in my project, I have an an access violation exception
with VSIFClose( fp ) in the destructor of GDALOpenInfo object .

Noureddine Farah

Noureddine,

It is quite likely that you are using the debug-mode GDAL with your
release-mode applications, or vice-versa.  They must match.  This means
that in order to develop application in both debug and release mode, you
need to build GDAL both ways.

The changes to the makefiles to make this easy (including giving the
debug library a different name so that it can be distinguished at link
time) has been made by myself and others and has been offered on this
list, but has not yet been accepted into the GDAL build.

In the meantime, may i suggest that rather than build GDAL on Windows,
you simply use these precompiled binaries:

http://vterrain.org/dist/gdal-119-ntbin.zip  (2.3 MB)

It contains the necessary Debug and Release .lib/.dll

-Ben