[Gdal-dev] question about API tutorial

Tim Smith tlsmith_1999 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 13:56:36 EDT 2003

Hello,
I have just begun working with GDAL, so this is
probably a simple mistake on my part.
I have compiled the c++ API tutorial, and run it
against a NITF file.  I have two questions:
1.  The tutorial compile complains on this line:
   printf( "Driver: %s/%s\n",
            poDataset->GetDriver()->c(),
            poDataset->GetDriver()->GetMetadataItem(
GDAL_DMD_LONGNAME ) );

It tells me that "GetDescription" and
"GetMetadataItem" are not members of GDALDriver.

2.  If I comment out the above problem, and run the
program with a NITF file, GetGeoTransform return a
CE_FAILURE.

Thanks for any help,
Tim