[Gdal-dev] Confusion with gdalwarp

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Thu Jun 19 09:50:50 EDT 2003

At 09:11 PM 6/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I seem to have a misunderstanding about the use of gdalwarp and am
>hoping that someone can tell me what is wrong.  I am trying to prepare
>a GeoTiff image for use in mapserver.
>
>I'm using gdalwarp to project a GeoTiff raster image.  The coordinates
>of the input file are in lat long.  After processing the file with
>gdalwarp, I used gdalinfo to examine the output file.  It appears that
>the coordinate system information is no longer there. Also, the corner
>coordinates in the output file are in pixels.
>
>I was expecting gdalinfo to display information about the projected
>coordinate system.  Also, I expected the corner coordinates to be
>displayed in projected units (meters).  Is this the normal behavior
>for gdalwarp?  I'm concerned that I may have a configuration or build
>issue.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>Rob

Do you have your PROJ_LIB environment variable to point
to the directory holding the "epsg" file.

Alternatively you can define it something like:
  -t_srs "+proj=utm +ellps=GRS80 +zone=12 +north +datum=NAD83 +units=m"
(not your zone!). And if it was me, I'd also try defining you s_srs, too.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com