[Gdal-dev] Tiger Polygons

Thomas Hargrove ciagon at yourmom.sh
Wed Mar 5 01:16:35 EST 2003

I got tigerpoly to run!  It segfaults at the end, but after it has produced
a useable shapefile.

Now that I have the polys, I need to filter them into county, water,
landmarks, and urban areas.  I take it this need to be done in python.

I see what you mean when you said it will be a lot of work.  Unfortunately,
I need these polys to draw useable maps with my map server.

Assuming that the tigerpoly.py spit out all the attributes, could I simply
use "ogr2ogr --where..." to get the 4 sets of poly's I need, or is there
more processing that needs to take place?

--Tom

warmerdam at pobox.com