[Gdal-dev] saving GeoTiff

Ayman Kamal kamal_jo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 03:01:00 EST 2003

I want to be able to convert a "bmp" file to a
"GeoTiff" file.

I used gdal_translate to do this, but the resulting
file didn't of course contain georeferencing data.

Now:
1. Is it possible (if I find the goereferencing data)
to give them to GDAL SDK so that GDAL can generate a
GeoTiff file with georeferencing data embeded inside?

if (1.)
{
   2. What data do I need to supply to GDAL to
   accomplish this?

   3. What functions to use in GDAL to save such data
   in thre resulting GeoTiff file?
}
else
{
   4. Can you help me in any means to accomoplish
this?
}