[Gdal-dev] Save GeoTiff

Ayman Kamal kamal_jo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 10:51:25 EST 2003

I debugged through "gdal_translate" demo application
and found that the two functions I care about are:

poVDS->SetProjection( pszProjection );
poVDS->SetGeoTransform( adfGeoTransform );

I know that pszProjection is the projection string,
and adfGeoTransform is likely coordinates of area.

I want to know what are the minimum parameters that I
have to provide for both those functions to generate a
GeoTiff file?

And if you can help me to know what are the different
possiblities of (valid) parameters ranges that can be entered?